Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The E Cell , Terna envisions a society of self-motivated individuals kernelled with constructive and intense entrepreneurial drive. Our sole aim is to let the concept
of entrepreneurship burgeon and evolve. We aim at building people with a strong work ethic who conceive and organize business ventures guided not by mere profit making fervency , but by the inbuilt urge to innovate, take risks , shoulder social responsibility and indulge in creative execution of vibrant business concepts.
Motivated by this vision , we at Terna Engineering College E- Cell believe in getting down to the brass tacks right away, create individuals and enterprises that are ready to take on the challenges in this cut-throat competitive world and do not melt down under the broad daylight.
This objective is effectively met through our ground- level processes of networking student enterprises from campus to incubators, seeding funds and angel investors in order to support the newly born enterprises in their endeavors, and gradually lead them to figure as “Ground Breaking Startups Of The World” .
This is a networking event Entrepreneurs and investors gather to talk about the startup experience, discuss new startup ideas, access to funding, startup resources and generally to connect with interesting people. There is no agenda, dues or anything else, just good conversation and networking. Individuals can get help with their questions and problems as well as find potential partners and those can provide services they need. Lots of referrals for a wide variety of reasons.
STARTUP CASE STUDY COMPETITION
” The best start-ups usually come from somebody needing to scratch an itch.”
This is an effort to understand and validate what entrepreneurs actually do as they develop their startups. To get to know the intricate details of the working of a startup, the problems faced by it and how the opportunities that come on the way can be tapped and performance enhanced – this and all more gives the students a real flavour in the working of a start-up. The case study familiarizes them with the alien territory so that when they chose to have their own startup, then they can step in the market with a firmer foot, having some idea about the way round the place.
In such competitions, the Startup comes forward with the field/topic it wants the student to do the case study on and provide the required data and requisite access to the working for the same. The student is expected to find out the loopholes, if any, or help the entrepreneur gain some insight into how the startup can bring in some modifications to help the company benefit.
Thus, a symbiotic relationship is shared between the two parties involved. On one hand where students get a real time experience of the startup working, in a risk free environment, the startups get to utilize the country’s elite brains to figure out solutions to help them excel.
“If we wanted to build a great company we should be optimistic”- Narayana Murthy
Getting invested is the ultimate dream of any startup If you have ever had a business idea that you really believed in but haven’t born with a silver spoon, the first thing that comes to mind is the ‘investor’ or ‘funds’. However only a few of us actually understand what it actually takes to convince somebody pump their money. Hence the aim of this event is to break the ice between startups looking for funding and investors.
1. To help the students to develop business ideas who are eager to become entrepreneurs but are unsure about the way forward.
2. At E Cell, Terna envisions a society of self-motivated individual’s kernelled with constructive and intense entrepreneurial drive.
3. To let the concept of entrepreneurship burgeon and evolve.
4. Building people with a strong work ethic who conceive and organize business ventures guided not by mere profit making fervency, but by the inbuilt urge to innovate, take risks, shoulder social responsibility and indulge in creative execution of vibrant business concepts.
5. Getting down to the brass tacks right away, create individuals and enterprises that are ready to take on the challenges in this cut-throat competitive world and do not melt down under the broad daylight.
1. Innovation & Research Lab.
2. Terna Incubation Center.
1. INOVADORA – A Innovative Idea Competition.2014-15
2. TEC – IoT Challenge 2017.
3. Expert Lecture on “Nurturing an Entrepreneurial Mindset” on 02/02/2018.
4. Workshop on “Digital Marketing” on 13/02/2018.
5. TEC-Smart Village Challenge 2018.
6. Awareness Talk about “AIC-NMIMS Incubation” on 27/07/2018.
7. MHRD Innovation Cell Live Session on “IPR” on 10/01/2019.
8. Workshop on “Innovating Entrepreneurial Success” on 16/01/2019.
9. Event named “Prerana- Successful Entrepreneurs Journey” is taken once in week to motivate students to be an entrepreneur. Conducted on 15/3/19, 22/3/19 and 29/3/19.
10. Expert Talk on Topic “Being an Entrepreneur-A Journey” by Mr. Tushar Nikam, Marketing Executive, Digiswag Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai on 15/04/2019 at 2:30 pmEntrepreneurship awareness program of “Introduction to Terna E-CELL” conducted on 27th July, 2019 at 3pm for students.(Around 150 students attended)
11.Expert talk on “Cyber Security” and Entrepreneurial success story by Mr. Dharmendra Nalawade on 24th September, 2019 from 2:30pm to 5:00pm.(Around 250 students attended)
12.E-CELL in collaboration with IIT-Bombay organized “Illuminate Workshop” on 19th October, 2019 from 9am to 5 pm.(Over 135 students participated)
13.E-Cell organized event named “Startup-Sutra” which gave insights of successful Entrepreneurs Stories, Whether College is right time to start?, Finance for startups, Pitching Workshop and competition followed by Panel Discussion on topic “Whether Students should go for Job, Higher Studies or Be an Entrepreneur” organized on 21st December,2019 from 9am to 5pm. (Around 120 students participated)
Prof. Randeep Kaur Kahlon
In-Charge -E-Cell & Terna Incubation Center