Terna-CSI Student Branch
Approved by Computer Society of India, Chennai on 6th October 2010
Welcome to Terna Engineering College CSI – STUDENT BRANCH
Terna-CSI Student Branch is approved by Computer Society of India, Chennai on 6th October 2010. There are 150+ student members in the Terna-CSI Student Branch. The Aim of Terna-CSI Student Branch is to enhance Technocratic values of the Students. The Educational Institution Membership number is I01432
About COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA:
Formed in 1965, the CSI has been instrumental in guiding the Indian IT industry down the right path since its formative years. Today, the CSI has 72 chapters all over India, 511 student branches, and more than 100000 members including India’s most famous IT industry leaders, brilliant scientists and dedicated academicians.
Mission: The mission of CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT Professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community.
Vision: The promotion of Information Technology as a profession is the top priority of CSI today. To fulfill this objective, the CSI regularly organizes seminars, workshops, technical competitions expert lectures and gives various awards. And at the same time it also ensures that regular training and skill updating are organized for the IT professionals.
- Exposure with Industrial Professionals to groom a career path.
- Unifying Technical Reviews with the Recent Technologies.
- Certification and Training Programs at Discounted Rates.
- A Great Chance to be nominated as the Best Student Paper in CSI Communications.
- Opportunity to be nominated as Young IT Professional Award.
- Inducing and Inculcating Leadership Qualities.
- Accessibility for Campus Placements.
- Students will be recognized by CSI membership identity card.
- Student’s knowledge will be enhanced through technology update activities under CSI.
- Students will be able to publish and access technical articles through CSI magazines, newsletter and conferences.
- Students are motivated for research activities.
- Leadership and team work qualities will be developed among students.
CSI-committee consisting of Sameer Mahajan( CSI- Chairman), Mansi Ghadigaonkar( CSI Vice-Chairman),Rachna Parkar( Secretary ) and 16 other members began its activities this year by its first seminar on IOS development by Khalid Dalvi (Apple Trainer) and Arun Patwardhan (Master Trainer with Apple) in the month of october,2017 followed by a weeklong IOS development workshop in the month of December. Students were given internships for the same.
- A 2 day Research and Development Convention organized by Computer Department on January on 5 and 6th January were conducted by CSI committee.
- Committee organized a 2 day hands on workshop on Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency by Prof Yogesh Jadhav of SPIT,Andheri on 21st and 22nd January.
- A two day hands on workshop on Data Mining and R Programming was successfully conducted by Prof HK Chavan (HOD IT Department -Father Agnels College of Engineering ,Vashi) on 27th and 28th January,2018.
- For the first time at Terna ,CSI committee organized intercollege level Hackathon named COSMOS under Avalon on 13th March ,2017.COSMOS was a 4 hour long Hackathon event where students have solve 6 problems to solve in the language of their choice.The event was attended by students of many colleges like Vidyalankar Institute of Technology,KJ Somaiya College of Engineering ,Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering to name a few.COSMOS was won by Rushikesh Shinde and Rajas Deshpande of our college.
- CSI Committee had also organized Open Intercollege level LAN Gaming event .Counter Strike 1.6 5v5,1v1 Tournament and NFS Most Wanted under Avalon on 12th and 13 March,2017.
- CSI Committee also organised Two day expert seminar on Nanosatellites by S.Kannan (ISRO- Scientist) and Digital Transformation by Sandeep Raut (Vice Chairman at NIIT technology) on 5th and 6th April Respectively.