Following facilities were provided by Terna’s Central Library.
Central Library is a part of the institute-wide network built around a fiber optic Giga-bit Ethernet backbone comprising of five routing switches. The library is connected to the backbone through one of the routing switches. Institute’s backbone in turn is connected to 100 MBPS of Internet band width on leased links from Tata Communication. The library has one Server,16 Laptops and other accessories adequate to cater to the needs of users. Laptops are meant for users to access OPAC, databases, e-books, e-journals and other e-resources. The reading area in the library has been Wi-Fi enabled to provide wireless access to the Internet. Users are welcome to use their laptops in the library.
The Central Library offers photocopying service to all its members, walk-in users and others. Photocopying of materials is available in the library. The photocopying machines are located on Fourth floor of the library. Only single copy of journal articles and book chapters are provided for private study and research purpose.
Please remember that photocopying a complete document is violation of copyright act.
The Central Library has been Wi-Fi enabled to provide wireless access to the Internet. Users are welcome to use their laptops in the library.
- Book Bank Facility will be available for SC/ST Student with free of cost. The preference will be given to SC and ST students on first serve basis.
- SC/ST students should submit their caste and income certificate.
- For SC/ST student the facility is free of cost.
- The student can keep the books with them for the entire semester.
- Books should be returned in a good condition on or before the last theory examination otherwise a fine of Rs.5/- per day will be deducted.
- Borrower shall be responsible for any damage or loss caused to the books and shall be required to replace the same or latest edition of the same books or the entire cost of the books will be deducted from his/her deposit.
The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of Reference books, encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, technical data, CD -ROMs, Audio and Video cassettes, etc.
The Reference Section also houses videos and DVDs. The viewing facility is extended to the students, staff and faculty of the Institute from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. on all working days.
Readers may approach the Reference Desk for information or any assistance in the use of the Library Collections and Services. Users may also contact the Reference Division for CD ROM-based search services and web-based services. Reference staff is available in the reading room to suggest sources of information and to assist in locating the required material. For special information requirements, users may also reach in charges of Readers Services/Serials Division or the Librarian.
Share this page on,