Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO-1: Create an ability to conceptualise and coordinate design that follows a systematic process of analysing alternatives, ideas and theories by evaluating and synthesising ideas that include parameters on social, cultural, environmental and technological aspects of design.
- PSO-2: Demonstrate the ability to synthesise a wide range of variables into an integrated design solution.
- PSO-3: Utilise modern software tools and other appropriate and alternative innovative techniques in a wide range of documentation, presentation, analysis and applications for design development.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Program outcomes describe what students are expected to know and the skills they develop when they graduate. These relate to the skills, knowledge and behaviours that students acquire as they progress through the program.
- PO-1: Design Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Design fundamentals, and domain knowledge to the solution of complex design problems.
- PO-2: Problem Analysis: The ability to assess the design needs, requirements and techniques for effective problem solving with critical thinking aspects, impacting all the stages of design.
- PO-3: Design/Development of Solutions: The ability to identify the most optimal design solutions as needed for implementing the design projects in an effective manner.
- PO-4: Individual and Teamwork: The ability to contribute significantly as a member or a leader in diverse environments with multidisciplinary teams.
- PO-5: Modern Tool Usage: Ability to apply various design tools, techniques, IT technology and software.
- PO-6: The Designer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional designing practice.
- PO-7: Environment and Sustainability: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional design solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO-8: Ethics: Will be able to carry out professional design responsibility along with ethical values.
- PO-9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- PO-10: Communication: The ability to communicate effectively in various facets like – speaking, writing, sketching, making diagrams to illustrate, construct, present or otherwise communicate design proposals.
- PO-11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the design and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO-12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Share this page on,